On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:

>> Are you aware of any target, other than SPEAr, that provides memory
>> mapping feature of SPI flash? I quickly searched, but failed.
>>

> ST STR750 i believe - it is also called SMI interface.

Yes, seems they share same SMI HW block.

Just for test purpose, I have slightly modified spearsmi driver to add
support to STR750.
The driver was already prepared for adding new devices, since I was
expecting to support new members in SPEAr family.

I have no way to test such patch on STR750. Just check it compiles.
Does anybody have a STR750 board with external serial flash on SMI?
It's possible that something need to be changed in the reset-init
script to initialize the SMI, but I have no idea on what could be the
proper settings. Anyway, let me know if you need help for this latter
item.

If it works, I need at least to remove the name "SPEAr" from driver
name and code.

Best Regards,
Antonio Borneo