>/ As I suspected. This is fixed in:
/>/
http://repo.or.cz/w/jimtcl.git/commit/5a9c9cdc1a0add1d0e6e63e64d5d7d7febc6d749
/>/
/
cheers - i will respin the patch against latest jimtcl then.

>>/ we can work around this many ways depending on how much/little work you
fancy doing :)
/>/
/>/ I won't use automake, but I can probably add all of these targets to be
compatible.
/>/ Most of them are likely to be nops.
/>/
/
dummy targets will be fine for the moment.
I will have to run some more tests with regards to make dist etc, as we may need to add some more hooks.

We also need to think about the openocd distribution, previously it was standalone, now we have a dependancy. The question is do we distribute the submodule version of jimtcl in the openocd tarball.

My thinking is yes we do, so the user gets the tested version of openocd.

Cheers
Spen
I think the OpenOCD must stay as standalone as possible, and avoid any dependency in its build and in it use.

On host computer, the openocd already has some kind of dependency regarding kernel driver :
libusb driver
d2xx driver
parallel port driver
But here we have no choice since the kernel ask for this !

The JimTCL it is a module for openocd, and not a kernel driver support. Placing JimTCL source inside the openocd source still stay the best todo until the JimTCL is super mature (not the case yet when we read the last messages of this forum). OpenOCD is a sequential user of JimTCL. OpenOCD and JimTCL are not concurrent.
I really do not want a user saying :
"I install and build the same openocd version on two machines. One works the other not -> Symptom : there are two different mapped JimTCL "

I already had these kind of comments 1week ago, by putting some warnings ... but the only reply was by Peter Stuge saying something like
"

This negative attitude is incredible! Why are you in the project at
all if you do not feel that it is useful for you in some way and/or
that you may be able to help improve it?

"

My comments are sometimes seen as negative. But I do not want to apologize for having a different point of view.

Regards,
Laurent Gauch
http://www.amontec.com
Amontec JTAGkey-3 on the road of the production !
Making continue USB JTAG Stream at 100MHz possible.