On 23/11/2010 19:54, Spencer Oliver wrote:
On 23/11/2010 18:21, Chris Jones wrote:

I've now spent some more time looking at this problem and have been
digging around in arm_adi_v5.c to see what's going on.

In the fault condition, even the first few operations in
ahbap_debugport_init() don't seem to work. For example, reading the
DP_CTRL_STAT register always returns 0. There's a loop which waits for
the CDBGPWRUPACK bit in that register to be set. It never gets set in
the fault condition, but the loop exits anyway and execution continues.
I think this is a bug, but it doesn't affect the fault other than not
reporting it.

I mentioned this before but you never replied.
Have you tried slowing down the jtag clock, eg 1kHz or even less.

Last time i debugged a target that used wfe a lot all worked fine as
long as the jtag clock was very slow.

Thank you for the reminder. I did try that but it didn't work for me, sadly. In this particular case, I don't need to actually debug the target while it's sleeping, but I do need to deal with the consequences of leaving OpenOCD connected and running while the target sleeps and wakes. The workaround is simply not to do that, of course, but we can't guarantee that that will always be possible.

Chris

--
Chris Jones - ch...@martin-jones.com
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd