On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:02 PM, simon qian <simonqian.open...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm back for SWD, I have about 3-5 weeks holiday(hope my company will not
> call me back at holiday).
> So I can prepare for the Versaloon SWD driver in OpenOCD.
>
> Is the SWD transport usable now in OpenOCD?

Hello Simon! :-) Not yet usable - I just got back from holidays and
ready for further work on libswd - it should be fully documented
(doxygen) and available on ints svn repository (http://libswd.sf.net)
this week(end). I am testing it with the UrJTAG as for now to make
sure mechanisms provided by libswd are functional and can be
integrated into other programs, but it can be also paralelly included
into OpenOCD, David provided great background for this. What is most
important right now is how to join low-level drivers with high level
drivers and that would be grreat if we could solve this problem on
versaloon (high level driver?) and probably later on rlink (and
others). David provided his sources for SWD some time ago, so now it
is time to put things all together and make it work :-P

Libswd can now generate swd bit stream operations as command quants on
the bidirectional queue to be fed into FT2232 (or other bitbang level
driver). Some features still need to be created or fixed, but i am
back from the holidays so i get to work :-) swd_cmd are  quants of bus
operation, that is reset, request, ack, data_read, parity that can be
used to construct high level operations (such as idcode_read,
data_read, etc). All swd_cmd can be put on the queue with miso or mosi
direction. With this design libswd can be implemented into various
applications (also standalone) and can serve precise bus operation
log. As for now only the idcode_read is implemented (it simply calls
series of command quants to form up such bus transfer). We need to
invent tome way to use libswd with low-level and high-level drivers,
or simply use libswd only to build bitstream for low level drivers
(and miss the exact backlog for high level drivers?).

The library is fairly simple and self-explanatory, you can find some
sources and additional documentation at:

http://files.tomek.cedro.info/electronics/arm/cortex/libswd/
http://stm32primer2swd.sourceforge.net/
http://libswd.sf.net

Full documentation for libswd shoudl be available in a few days, the
website is now working, also mechanisms provided by libswd are being
verified with urjtag. Please let me know if you need additional
information :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek