On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Drasko DRASKOVIC
<drasko.drasko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Andrew Lyon <andrew.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Drasko DRASKOVIC
>> <drasko.drasko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Andy,
>>> thank you for these tests, it is very helpful. The problem you have
>>> can be easily solved by applying David Claffey's patches.
>>
>> I have applied them and recompiling now to test again, but looking at
>> the source they will only fix memory read/write, not the other
>> problems I mentioned with step and resume, perhaps they need similar
>> fixes?
> This might be fixed, because OpenOCD probably uses these functions to
> write bkpt instructions... I do not know, still did not test - I'll do
> it right now and report back.

step does not appear to work properly, certainly if I step into a
memory address then the address shown when the target is halted again
is not where I asked it to step into, or even anywhere that the code I
loaded could have made it jump (if some code was run before it was
halted again)

however manually setting the pc reg and then single stepping seems to
work, I am currently stepping thru the uboot code and so far I can
follow PC through the source dump and it makes perfect sense.

so step and resume fail when a address is passed.

I've got quite a way into the uboot process so don't want to stop yet
and start over as its quite a slow process, but once i've done this
run I will test breakpoints again, last time I tried they didn't work
so I seem to be stuck with single stepping, still its better than
nothing and great fun to trace the C code and asm as it runs :).

Andy