On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Andrew Lyon <andrew.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Drasko,
>
> I read somewhere that some bigendian mips systems still have little
> endian tap
This is true. I am not MIPS expert, I am going through EJTAG manual
right now to find confirmations...

> , perhaps that explains why on my system data loaded using
> fastdata is ok (it is aware of endianness), but everything else is
> bitswapped because my board does not have the little endian tap.

I would say that next thing is happening - every call to
mips_m4k_write_memory() is wrong because it do not handle endianess -
it misses David Claffey's patch, as we discussed in this thread :
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg15770.html

However, mips32_pracc_fastdata_xfer() has a piece of code that threat
the endianess, and when it suceeds it's OK. My problem is that
mips32_pracc_fastdata_xfer() did not work for me and was always filing
to simple mips_m4k_write_memory(). This is discussed in more details
here :
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg15770.html

But mips32_pracc_fastdata_xfer() succeeds in your case, so does for
Oliver. I'll have to investigate some more and post my observations. I
see some problems in mips32_pracc_fastdata_xfer() implementation thet
are not consistent to EJTAG specification by my opinion, and when I
correct these it starts working for me. My problem now is that it
works for all of you without changes, so maybe I am seeing something
wrong.

Best regards,
Drasko