Laurent Gauch wrote:
So, ULINK hardware is only used as board platform :-)
So, you have your own protocol.

I hope you have your own USB VID/PID too.
Why should he? The hardware comes with a valid VID/PID combination - since he only loads a different firmware into the RAM of the ULINK, I do not see why a different PID would be needed.

Finally, if you include your own protocol driver in openocd, please do not call it ULINK. Since it is not ULINK protocol.
This will avoid tones of confuses for other users !!!
It is a driver for the ULINK hardware.

IMHO, it does not matter if the driver uses the original ULINK firmware + ULINK protocol, or own firmware + own protocol - it successfully uses the ULINK hardware from OpenOCD, so it might as well be called ULINK. If the firmware is bundled with the driver, the user will not even notice that a different protocol is used.

This would be different if the replacement firmware would stay in the ULINK hardware permanently - but on EZ-USB devices, this does not happen. On the next USB attach, the ULINK will again request a firmware download and take either the original ULINK firmware or anything else that it is offered by the host.

cu
Michael