Am 04/27/2011 11:50 AM, schrieb Tomek CEDRO:
> Hello :-) I think default-low-speed is safer choice for unaware users
> or developers simply reading out idcode.. also it can be easily
> changed into something more device specific to gain better performance
> :-)
Hi,

this brings us back to the question: what speed is low enough to work in
all circumstances?

For a core with a 32.768kHz crystal, 100kHz may be way too high - 4kHz
would probably work.

This forces such a low default that it may as well be useless for even
simple operations.

So I think having no default and forcing the user to specify a value
might be the way to go.

cu
Michael