On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Michael Schwingen
<rincew...@discworld.dascon.de> wrote:
> Am 04/27/2011 11:50 AM, schrieb Tomek CEDRO:
>> Hello :-) I think default-low-speed is safer choice for unaware users
>> or developers simply reading out idcode.. also it can be easily
>> changed into something more device specific to gain better performance
>> :-)
> Hi,
>
> this brings us back to the question: what speed is low enough to work in
> all circumstances?

I'm not looking for something that works in all circumstances. I just
want it to be the *same* across all interfaces.

The correct long term solution would be to have *no* default speed
and just put up an error message if the script doesn't specify it.
IMHO.

> So I think having no default and forcing the user to specify a value
> might be the way to go.

Agreed. If we could have that patch first and not go the detour of
a fixed default across all interfaces, then that would be
my choice too.

Patch anyone?

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer