On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Mahr, Stefan <stefan.m...@sphairon.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached patch fixes the endianess so mips/ejtag can be used on a big endian
> host.
>

> Btw.: There is still an endianness issue with mips target. Drasko adds
> endianness swapping (that I removed two years ago)

Why did you remove it ?

> to mips_m4k.c (commit b1256894598296b54a1827e7ac797ad1c60a0b18). But some
> swapping is already done in target.c, e.g. for target_get_buffer_u32. While
> "dump_image" works fine, "mdw" does not. > To my mind whole endianness
> swapping should be done in target.c, not in mips_m4k.

I put it where it was before, but I agree that we should do the swap
in target.c.

 > What do you think?

I'll have to test this, and I'll not have MIPS board before beginning
of next week. Otherwise I can not tell if it's correct. From my
memory, I'd say that mdw worked correctly for me...

Best regards,
Drasko