>> I removed swapping in mips_m4k, because for commands like mdw the swapping
>> was already done in target.c. If a target was selected as big endian,
>> swapping was done twice. So setting endianness had no effect. I did not
>> realized that dump_image works different.
> What do you concern under "dump_image" ? A command that dumps image ?
> To be honest, I did not try it for MIPS, but there are some people on
> the list who did (after my patch was applied, I think).
> Point is that nothing worked, not only dump_image. Simply told, memory
> write/read was byte-inversed - so you can say goodbye to the SDRAM
> configuration, to start with. We were not even capable to load image,
> far away from dumping it...

Yes, dump_image dumps a image.

As said before, please try to set target to little and big endian. You will
see that nothing happens (for mdw command). If against my expectations you
see a difference, please describe your test setup.

My setup:
- Hosts: x86 Win/Cygwin, x86 Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), embedded linux on MIPS Host
         (x86 little endian, MIPS big endian)
- Targets: MIPS (Lantiq CPUs Amazon, Danube, TI AR7, Ralink RT3052, RT3662)
- Interface: WIGGLER, usbprog (x86 Host), own GPIO Wiggler (MIPS host)

> if you wold like to go further investigating the issue, maybe you can
> take look at small doc I wrote about MIPS EJTAG :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg16208.html.
> It might be helpful. If you have some comments, they are very welcome.
> I hope that I'll have some more time to craft it well and commit it
> upstream one day :).

I am not familiar with EJTAG details, I am just a user :)

BR,
Stefan