On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:35 AM, Andreas Fritiofson
<andreas.fritiof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are you talking about? Not all ftdi dongles are wired like this =>
> there is no universal default setting suitable for all dongles.

Uhm, I read bad at 3am :-) You told that not always setting Hi-Z on FT
chip equals Hi-Z on JTAG connector.. right? This is obvious and I told
that there might be strange buffer design where Hi-Z activates its
outputs (not LOW as should). I gave you and example of good design of
buffer design allowing FT chip also to work with SWD and possibly any
other transport. For this kind of good design there _is_ universal
behavior (read more below) :-)

Also note what Laurent told:

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Laurent Gauch <laurent.ga...@amontec.com> wrote:
> Without doing something within deinit, we still have strange openocd
> inter-session phenomena (as TRST still driven instead to be TRISTATE ...
> really important for debugging TI OMAP ! )

Not sure if OUTPUT-HIGH for FT2232 means Hi-Z but most buffers you
mention in those interfaces are tri-state buffers from what I have
seen on ~5 different devices. Tri-state buffers are active-low, so
setting pins to input (Hi-Z) should give Hi-Z on connector in most
cases... strange designs may require layout-specific quit function but
this is trivial to add :-)