On 08:42 Thu 09 Jun     , Laurent Gauch wrote:

> >On 15:25 Tue 07 Jun     , Laurent Gauch wrote:
> >>/ >
> >/>/ >/If our ft2232.c patches are not merged quickly, Amontec Team will
> >certainly
> >/>/ >/>/ come with a new specific jtagkey.c API driver  instead of the
> >ft2232.c JTAG
> >/>/ >/>/ driver.
> >/>/ >/>/ The advantage with a specific Amontec JTAGkey API driver in
> >openocd, will be
> >/>/ >/>/ to see our patches merged in the minute, instead to wait 1 to 2
> >months ...
> >/>/ >/>/ also the ft2232.c will still be usable for the JTAGkey.
> >/>/ >/
> >/>/ >This is the solution, you will have your own driver to manage then :-)
> >/>/ >But you will then create another DRIVER not API as the interface API
> >/>/ >is already set :-)
> >/>/ Yes, a specific jtagkey driver with a wrapper for the existing
> >/>/ openocd API ! Yes, that's the idea.
> >/>/ The user will be able to use the classic ft2232.c or the specific
> >/>/ jtagkey.c as a jlink.c!
> >/>/ Maybe that's the road to follow if our patches take so long time to
> >/>/ be merged on ft2232.c.
> >/except on jlink we have a 100% different API
> All specific dongle interface (DRIVER) are based on the same API
> (known as JTAG API).
> API -> DRIVER -> DONGLE
my key point the Amontec are based on ft2232 the jlink on the sam7
they do have 100% different API to deal with the chip/firmware

so as a Maintainer I NACK duplicate code
as there is no good reason to do so
exception for short term such a cleanup in progress or code refactoring

but your proposal is not this as at all, it's to do it on long therm which
is not acceptable

Best Regards,
J.