On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
> Tomek CEDRO wrote:
>> > Changing signals to High-Z is *not* safe. It changes the JTAG signals to
>> > a board-specific state that depends on the pullup/pulldown resistors
> ..
>> If you switch output into Hi-Z the pull-up or pull-down resistor will
>> take care of the on the pin state.
>
> I think Michael's point is that *which* state it is is not known (and
> can not be known) by generic ft2232 code in OpenOCD.
>
> And that just because the code does not have information, it should
> not make guesses.

How it cannot have this information? Who does then? When?

If we connect interface to the target's TAP we should not interfere
with the target. When we start OpenOCD we control target's behavior.
When the job is finished we shutdown the OpenOCD and return to a point
when target is not interfered by our actions. The goal of OpenOCD is
to interfere with target to obtain expected results, after the job is
done no interaction is necessary, or we simply not quit the program to
enforce some specific behavior...

Quiting without quit is like quit button in windows vista - it does
not only quit but first of all suspends system ;]