On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 09:31 +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

> You need to use the "capture" command to capture progress output.
>
> Try something like:
>
> capture {reset halt}

Hello Øyvind!

Thank you for helping, but when using the port 6666 with the tcl script
posted before, I confirm that the server is not doing _anything_,
whatever the command is. I would believe that in the terminal where I
started openocd, there would at least be some output when a sent command
is executed, but there is none:

$> openocd -f board/lm3s8962.cfg

        Open On-Chip Debugger 0.5.0-dev-00945-gf6026a8
        (2011-07-01-11:11)
        Licensed under GNU GPL v2
        For bug reports, read
                http://openocd.berlios.de/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
        Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
        500 kHz
        adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
        srst_only separate srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain
        Info : clock speed 500 kHz
        Info : JTAG tap: lm3s8962.cpu tap/device found: 0x3ba00477 (mfg:
        0x23b, part: 0xba00, ver: 0x3)
        Info : lm3s8962.cpu: hardware has 6 breakpoints, 4 watchpoints
        Info : accepting 'tcl' connection from 6666 /* Initial
        connection when starting tcl script */

        /* Any command sent over port 6666 with my tcl, be it "capture
        {reset}" or "reset" produces no effect */

        Info : dropped 'tcl' connection /* Exiting tcl script */

Is there some documentation somewhere about the tcl server interface? I
didn't see any in the openocd manual, other than some basic information
like the default port used by it. A pointer to some more in depth
documentation (if available) or a snippet of code that works for sending
commands to the tcl_server port 6666 would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!