On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Drasko DRASKOVIC
<drasko.drasko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
> wrote:
>>> There is no particular need to cast this into uint8_t* and this can be
>>> kept as a void*. Would that suppress the warnings ?
>>
>> It does look like this code is using uint8_t * in lieu of void *...
>
> Why ? It is just an address of 1-byte placeholder to which you would
> like to copy byte read from the memory.

It's not about what you do, it is about telling the compiler as much
as possible about the types so that it can check for problems.

I don't know the code too well to comment about which types
should be used. Especially with big/small endian...

--
Øyvind Harboe - Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27