On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Mahr, Stefan <stefan.m...@sphairon.com>wrote:

> > Where are those functions defined and how do they know what the target
> endianness is?
>
> They doesn't know the target endianness, but host endianness.

You can't convert between target and host endianness if you don't know both.

I'm getting confused about all this endianness. Main thing we need to do is
to define and be consistent with where we have target and host endianess and
look over the data types we use. This is probably not restricted to the MIPS
code but probably goes up into the target interface. I have to think it
through and right now I have a bunch of kids running around my legs so it'll
have to wait. :)

/Andreas