Here's yet another option: (I've used this service several times - it's just great. All details at the link.) You can also get a stencil with your order, I think, for a few bucks more.

http://dorkbotpdx.org/wiki/pcb_order

$5.00 per square inch, Lead free, 6mil line/space rules. Ships Internationally.

Now for the assembly. Check out these two Instructables (full disclosure: I wrote them). The hot plate method works great for small boards. At least 20 people I personally know of have used this technique successfully.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Extreme_Surface_Mount_Soldering/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Closing-the-Loop-on-Surface-Mount-Soldering/

Hope this is helpful

           -jim