On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:

> On 3 August 2011 15:00, Andreas Fritiofson <andreas.fritiof...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If the pipe method work, fine. However, looking through the git2cl code
> it
> > apparently assumes git log is run with LC_ALL=C and that wouldn't be the
> > case with the latest incarnation of the patch.
> > /Andreas
> >

> Have a look at the modified patch i posted, build ok in/out of tree.

I was actually referring to that patch, but I was already composing a reply
when it arrived so the threading was a bit off.

Without digging too deep, it seems git2cl parses the date output from git
log and so executes it using the C locale to get a predictable format. I
don't see how your patch provides that guarantee. To be honest, I did a
quick test and failed too notice any difference in git log output for
different locales (C vs. sv_SE.UTF-8), so it may not be a real issue. The
resulting ChangeLog didn't look pretty in either case, though.

/Andreas