Hi,

        in the kernel and barebox we avoid as much as possible the rebase
        as you loose information when you do so.

        When you rebase you do not known against which commit the current
        pull request was tested

        This histary is important specially when you apply multiple pull
        request.

        If a pul conflit we try to resolve it but if it's too complex at that
        time we ask the one that send the pull request to rebase it's patches
        against the current tree

Best Regards,
J.