On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Evan Hunter <ehun...@broadcom.com> wrote:
> The way it has been designed means that no memory locations are touched until
> symbol
>locations are provided by GDB.  The symbols names which are available tell the
>system which
>RTOS is in use.
>
> On most platforms OpenOCD would have initialised the memory system by the
> time GDB
>attaches.  However, you are correct, on some platforms the memory controller
>may have to be
>enabled in the software. Hence, I would suggest only enabling the feature for
>Cortex-M3
>devices or just STM32 devices to start with, since it has only been
>implemented/tested for
>these so far...

I don't want to make the assumption that everything is set up. But
from your description
above, I think it makes sense to have a global option to check for
threads that is
enabled by default.

--
Øyvind Harboe - Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27