On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 10:56:15PM +0200, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:
>This is rather nasty, but various platforms have different requirements after
>xmkmf gets through with xaw3d's Imakefile. The requirements for any given
>single platform are actually less than what is specified.
>
>This blanket dependecy spec solution was chosen to immediately fix the package
>on all supported platforms. If somebody has a better solution, please suggest
>it to the list. Thanks.

Rather than using imake, would it be better to create a Makefile that's
designed around the openpkg standards or perhaps doing the entire imake
thing in openpkg so it's independend of the systems's imake.  The latter
would be my preference because I've spent entirely too much time tweaking
vendor's imake configuration files to my taste (particularly if the
vendor's files put things in system directories instead of under /usr/local
where they belong :-).

It's been a couple of years since I last looked closely at xmkmf and
friends so I'm not sure how difficult this last tweak would be.

Bill

``Never chastise a Windows user...just smile at them kindly as you would a
disadvantaged child.'' WBM
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]