On Fri, Aug 22, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:

> [...]
> >Hmm... good point, but because the stuff is for SWAT only, how about
> >making it a with_swat option and even remove swat also if this option is
> >not a set?
>
> That would certainly work.
>
> Personally I would prefer a general with_docs option that would be common
> to all packages because I like to have examples and documentation handy on
> the systems.  Yesterday I was on-site at a customer with no internet
> access, and it's much easier to have the docs readily available than to
> have to unpack the SRPMS to get at it.
> [...]

Yes, sure. In the long-term we should provide something like global
with_dso (for shared library) and with_doc (for included documentation)
and similar options. This is on our TODO list.

But speaking just about this package here, I think we should
stick with a local solution for now (until a global solution
exist) and use this with_swat option. I've comitted it to CVS now:
http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=11812

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]