On Tue, Nov 25, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003, Michael Schloh wrote:
>
> >     Plus should be allowed, at least for package names
>
> Hmmm... I don't think we should not allow more special characters. [...]
Package names were originally documented in
http://www.openpkg.org/cvs.txt. Since then, only +PROXY was added and
that's already (too) much. Also Michael is right that in fact any
non-dash character would work for all scripts i know of my intution
tells me to vote for not opening for a wider range of characters. (Why
do c++ source code file names end with cpp?)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Cable & Wireless
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]