WARNING: This e-mail has been altered by the PSU Mail System.
 An attachment of type text/x-sh, named "opkg-update.sh" was removed
from this e-mail message as it constituted a potential security hazard.

Various attachment types are used by viruses and/or spammers in an
attempt to compromise your computer's security. As a precaution, we
remove various file types from your incoming e-mail. The types removed
generally have very little real-world use, but are often exploited by
malicious people.

The list we use is one recommended by Microsoft. To see the complete
list, please visit:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290497

We block all attachments listed on that list, except files ending in a
.exe and .mdb extension.

If you have any questions about this message or viruses in general,
please call the User Support Services Help Desk at 503-725-4357, or
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 22:27, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > Shouldn't the newer version of the software and the openpkg revision
> > make it so they don't want to be updated?
>
> Yes, these should be not downgraded. How can this happen to you?
> Perhaps is the UPD 00INDEX.rdf.bz2 not read here?

Currently, I'm sync'ing a local copy of the SRC for 2.1, doing some
cleanup, reindexing and then doing the upgrade.  I'm not sync'ing over
the UPD dir at this time.  I was assuming that simply by having the
newer revision installed, the openpkg tools would identify it as such
and thus not attempt any update ever since the version in SRC is not
newer.  If I sync both SRC and UPD, will the openpkg tools automagically
identify the newest version, ignoring the other versions and use that
for the updates?  I was under the impression that this wouldn't work
either and it would instead be confused by the two different versions.
I attached the script I'm using to do this work for you to look at.  It
should explain in detail what's going on.  Please correct me if I'm
mistaken in any of these assumptions.  Thanks.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu

# Set hostnames for solaris and linux build hosts
SOLBH="spoor.oit.pdx.edu"
LNXBH="shroom.oit.pdx.edu"
export SOLBH LNXBH

# Set openpkg directory name and current version
OPKGDIR=`openpkg --version|awk '{print $1}'`
OPKGVER=`openpkg --version|awk '{print $1}'|awk -F- '{print $2}'`
export OPKGDIR OPKGVER

# Setup base directory names where work will be done
REPBASEDIR="/vol/openpkg/${OPKGVER}"
FTPDIR="/vol/ftp/pub/mirrors/linux/openpkg-ftp"
RPMBUILDDIR="/usr/local/RPM/ROOT"
BINDIR="${RPMBUILDDIR}/RPMS"
TMPDIR="${RPMBUILDDIR}/TMP"
SRCBASEDIR="${TMPDIR}"
export REPBASEDIR FTPDIR BINDIR TMPDIR RPMBUILDDIR SRCBASEDIR

# Add software packages and files that you don't want to have auto-updated here
#
# NOTE: IF YOU ADD A SOFTWARE PACKAGE TO THESE EXCLUSIONS, YOU NEED TO GO TO
# EACH BUILD HOST AND REMOVE THE APPROPRIATE BINARY PACKAGE FROM
# /usr/local/RPM/ROOT/RPMS OR ELSE THE NEXT TIME THE AUTO UPDATE SCRIPTS RUN THE
# BINARY PACKAGE WILL GET COPIED OVER INTO THE ALPH REPOSITORY AND CONFLICTS
# WILL OCCUR ON THE CLIENT HOSTS THE NEXT TIME THEY TRY TO UPDATE THEMSELVES.
#
# add non rpm bits here, generally this is not touched
NONRPM="00README 00INDEX.rdf.bz2 openpkg-*.sh"
# add software we don't want to exist in our installations here
UNWANTED="openpkg-1.9.0 openpkg-2.0.0 openpkg-2.1.0 postfix ssmtp imapd teapop ksh awk
bind8 termutils mysql41 mysql3 cacti icon noweb gcrypt opencdk gnutls cadaver di kolab
quagga pinfo wml sitecopy apr imaputils mailsync proftpd rc apache2 squid calamaris
ldapdiff exim delegate ethereal sqlite cvstrac tetex latex2html pnet pnetlib mozilla"
# add software that is customized (i.e. from current or sources or home made or
# anything that resides under the PSU subdirectory)
CUSTOM="a2ps amanda cfengine fping grazer ifhp imap inetutils j2se14 logrotate lprng
mimedefang muppet nagios oracle-barebone pdflib php php-accelerator php-pear-Log
php-pear-Mail_Mime php-pear-Net_Socket psu-perl-db psu-perl-misc psu-perl-net
psu-perl-sec psu-perl-www sendmail setoolkit subversion tomcat5 top wv"
export NONRPM UNWANTED CUSTOM