On Fri, May 27, 2005, Henri Gomez wrote:

> > > Any reply on this ?
> >
> > This naming directly is derived from "shtool platform" output.
> > What does the latest (from the "openpkg" package) "shtool platform
> > --type=all-in-one" show on your platform?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] c_gomez]$ ./shtool platform --type=all-in-one
> concise architecture class:      powerpc
> regular architecture class:      powerpc
> verbose architecture class:      powerpc
> concise architecture product:    powerpc
> regular architecture product:    powerpc
> verbose architecture product:    powerpc
> concise architecture technology: powerpc
> regular architecture technology: powerpc
> verbose architecture technology: powerpc
> concise system class:            SVR4
> regular system class:            SVR4
> verbose system class:            SVR4
> concise system product:          2.0
> regular system product:          AIX 2.0.0
> verbose system product:          IBM AIX 2.0.0.5
> concise system technology:       2.0
> regular system technology:       AIX 2.0.0
> verbose system technology:       IBM AIX 2.0.0.5
>
> uname -m
> 0044000420CA
> uname -a
> AIX TERREAU 2.0.0 5 0044000420CA
> uname -v
> 5
> uname -r
> 2.0.0
> uname -p
> powerpc

Ahhhh, ok. Now fixed in GNU shtool and a snapshot of it is now included
in the latest "openpkg" package from CURRENT. At least this now shows
the correct identification for both an emulated uname of an AIX 5.2
under PASE (according to your output above) and a real AIX 5.1.

Btw, doesn't a /usr/bin/oslevel exist in PASE?
Or is this there under a different path?

And one more thing for the whole AIX issue: we need additions to the
%pre and %post sections of openpkg.spec to automatically and correctly
setup user/group/cron/init-script etc under AIX. Do you have this
available, too?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com