On Mon, May 29, 2006, Steffen Weinreich wrote:

> We have recently updated a bunch of maschines from sparc64-solaris9 to
> sparc64-solaris10 and went into a problem with apache bailing out with
> "signal Bus Error (10)" handling ssl requests with mod_ssl.
>
> As far as I tracked the problem it is reproducable on all
> sparc64-solaris10 installs, also on rm9. I have done some testing on rm9
> and could avoid the bsu errors if I compile apache with_debug, which
> leads me to the wild assumption that we have triggered a gcc optimizer bug.

In case it is an Apache and/or mod_ssl and/or OpenSSL bug you should
retry with the latest versions from CURRENT. There we have newer
versions of all three components and they all three contains lots of
bugfixes.

> Since with_debug could not be a real solution for this behaviour, any
> hints for a real fix?

If it's really a GCC bug you should retry on rm9 after installing the
latest "gcc" (which is now at GCC 4.1.1 instead of 4.0.3) from CURRENT
into /openpkg-dev...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com