On Fri, Jun 22, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>
> > Just a heads up: we recently investigated a lot into the packaging of
> > Apache 2.2 in OpenPKG-CURRENT. Now it seems to be time to _finally_
> > switch the "apache" package from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2. The
> > "apache2-xxx" packages will become "apache-xxx", too. Once I've got APR
> > cleaned up and extended today and Apache 2.2 building just fine again
> > against the external "apr" package, I'll do the migrations.
>
> OpenPKG-CURRENT is now finally upgraded. When you upgrade your
> instances, please notice that manual intervention is required as
> mod_php and mod_perl are now in their own packages "apache-php" and
> "apache-perl". So, previously you installed a PHP/Perl-aware Apache
> with e.g. "openpkg builld -D with_mod_php -D with_mod_php_xml -D
> with_mod_perl apache | sh" while now you have to use "openpkg builld-D
> apache-php::with_xml apache apache-php apache-perl | sh".

If been playing around with the new apache packages lately. Here's my
list of annotations :-)

Apache's default config references several snakeoil SSL certs which
aren't supplied by the package leaving Apache in an unusable state.
As there doesn't seem to be a helpful script at hand like mod_ssl's
mkcert.sh there a several routes to go. The obvious is to "steal"
mkcert.sh from mod_ssl and incorporate it into the apache package. OTOH
there might be other packages which could benefit from a general purpose
(dummy) cert facility as well. As openssl is part of the bootstrap might
it be a better idea to provide such a facility as part of the openpkg
package?

there's one I found a little bit curious in the spec file. As I haven't
any application which makes use of that specific functionality I want
to raise the issue here on the list. apache-php provides an option
called 'with_imap_annotate'. It's unclear to me whether this in an
independent option or it's just a variant of 'with_imap'. For me, it
looks more like the second case, but I might be wrong. If not, there
should be some fiddling in the "fixing implicit extension dependencies
and correlations" section, right?

Next: regarding perl-apache (yep, not apache-perl :) I think there's
major work still to do. The major bunch of Perl modules seem to be
designed for Apache 1.3. I still have to check whether there is a full
equivalent for every module designed for Apache 2.2.

-cs
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org