> > Anyhow, I am wondering why the decision was made to move the milter
> include
> > files to milter/*.h instead of the default libmilter/*.h? If
> something really
> > needs the includes in milter/*.h maybe a symbolic link should be made
> so it
> > works for both locations.
> > Maybe I am just missing something, but any ideas would be helpful.
>
> Simply because a package named "foo" should provide its includes in
> <prefix>/include or <prefix>/include/foo and not in any other location.

So another decision might be to rename the milter library to "libmilter" and
provide the include files in libmilter/*.h
Milter is the actual program running as a mail filter, libmilter is the library
to link against.

I see enough arguments to keep the default paths of software. The naming scheme
for the OpenPKG packages shold reflect these.

My vote is for a package named "libmilter" with default paths from the authors.
I vote against patching "mimedefang".

Birger
------
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Network Operations Center, Karlsruhe

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org