Having just migrated from locally built mostly-defaults postfix to the
OpenPKG version, I've noticed a couple of difference which I have so far
been unable to track to the source.

This may be an RPM and/or Postfix issue. Since my previous install used
mostly defaults, I expect differences to result from build or config
changes in the OpenPKG packaging. I'd appreciate any assistance either
way.

Old postfix logged via syslog. OpenPKG postfix does not.

        I'd like to handle logging through syslog, not have logging
        directly to some file under /cw.

Old postfix logged info messages for each message. OpenPKG postfix does
not.

        In /cw/var/postfix/log/postfix.log, the only messages are the
        start/stop/error type from master. smtp and the other daemons
        do not appear to be logging.

        I need smtp messages too, at least.

Old postfix handled dbm maps (the default). OpenPKG postfix does not.

        postalias gives "fatal: unsupported map type: dbm" for
        "postalias /.../filename" where main.conf has dbm:/.../filename
        or even hash:/.../filename. Only by changing main.cf to use
        hash: and by running "postalias hash:/.../filename" was I able
        to make the databases.

        I'd like to use dbm again.

-Andrew-
|  -Andrew J. Caines-   703-886-2689    [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Unix Systems Engineer, WorldCom  [EMAIL PROTECTED] |