On Thu, Dec 04, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 04, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> When I tried using rsync to update our mirrors here, the
>> ftp.openpkg.org::openpkg-ftp module seems to have disappeared.
>>
>> Was this intentional?
>
>No. We temporarily disabled the rsync service on all our projects
>today and after upgrading the packages the config of openpkg.org was
>accidently destroyed. I've restored it from backup now and the service
>is available as before. Thanks for noticing and reporting, Bill.

You're welcome.

On a related note, is there any reason you didn't go to rsync-2.5.7 instead
of updating rsync-2.5.6?  When I saw the security advisory last night from
Rsync, I got the tarball, changed the Version number in the rsync.spec
file, and it rebuilt without problems.  I've been running that on our
servers here since then without noticeable ill effects.

Bill

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are
men who want rain without thunder and lightning.  They want the ocean
without the roar of its many waters.
                -- Frederick Douglass