On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 00:08, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004, David M. Fetter wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 10:47, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > > Under OpenPKG 2.0 (and a not too out-dated OpenPKG CURRENT) just place
> > > into <prefix>/etc/rc.conf the entry "openpkg_rc_def=no" and all your
> > > services will be disabled by default. For older OpenPKG releases there
> > > is no such convenient way and you have to disable all services manually
> > > by adding "<package>_enable=no" into rc.conf.
> >
> > Hmmm.  I tried this but the S99usrlocal system rc script still launches
> > everything under the sun.  I have exactly the following at the end of my
> > rc.conf file:
> >
> > openpkg_rc_def=no
> > dhcpd_enable=yes
> >
> > Therefore, if I'm understanding this correctly, only dhcpd should start
> > on boot, right?  That's not what is happening.  Am I doing this wrong?
>
> Hmmm.. you are using OpenPKG 2.0, right?

Yes, it's 2.0.

> As you can see, openpkg_rc_def is initialized to "yes", then your
> rc.conf sets it to "no", then things like amd_enable and dhcp_enable
> become "no" and then your rc.conf overrides dhcpd_enable to "yes". Use
> this --print debugging yourself and try to find out where the difference
> is for you, please.

It seems as if the rc.conf is not passing the variable settings to rc
properly.  I can't see any reason why not though.  If I do rc --config
it does show there that all services state enable=no, but the output of
rc --print all start shows them all enabled and still starts them all.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu