As I'm unable to build apache --with=mod_php_pear I was wondering if I could do
something similar as done with modular apache.

In my previus instalations, I installed apache, then I downloaded a updated
version of PEAR from HORDE (since I couldn't upgrade enouth the pear package
from the distro) where I could use pear's setup utility to download and install
other new functions. To make this work from apache I just needed to add in
httpd.conf for the HORDE site

          php_value include_path '/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/pear:.'

QUESTION:

Should it work if I just build OpenPkg --with=mod_php and than download HORDEs
PEAR into /opkg/lib/php/pear and add a

          php_value include_path '/opkg/include/php:/opkg/lib/php/pear:.'

thanks,

Alex