A few days ago I removed gcc from the underlying OS.

Today I tryed to rebuild apache in openpkg-2.1 and got following error:

./configure:Error: Building of 'patch' tool failed:
patch/rename.c
patch/util.c
patch/util.h
patch/version.c
patch/version.h
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Hint: Either try to build 'patch' under etc/patch/
Hint: manually and re-run this 'configure' script
Hint: or provide us the path to your vendor 'patch'
Hint: program via the --with-patch=FILE option (but
Hint: expect perhaps failures when applying patches!)
+ exit 1
error: Bad exit status from /opkg/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.66317 (%build)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] PKG]# openpkg rpm -q gcc
gcc-3.4.1-2.1.0

Does openpkg-gcc needs the underlaying OS-gcc ?

Or is ther some error in the apdated apache ?

What should I check ?

Thanks,

Alex

--