On Wed, Aug 04, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:
> A few days ago I removed gcc from the underlying OS.
>
> Today I tryed to rebuild apache in openpkg-2.1 and got following error:
>
> [...]
Some links that you might like to study are:

  -- Note 'Solaris and HPUX users... --
  http://www.openpkg.org/doc/handbook/openpkg.html#bstrap-sfware

  -- Info especially useful for linux users (Solaris is still unfinished) --
  http://cvs.openpkg.org/rlog?f=openpkg-re/osprereq.txt
  http://cvs.openpkg.org/getfile/openpkg-re/osprereq.txt?v=1.21

  -- If OpenPKG is not finding an existing compiler on the system --
  http://www.openpkg.org/faq.html#overriding-cc

Although the OpenPKG Handbook is out of date, the few requirements listed
there are still valid. You definitely need a standards compliant C compiler
to build most packages (apache for example).

And I appologize that the Solaris part of the osprereq.txt document is
unfinished, but I haven't studied yet the Jumpstart script graciously
offered by David FETTER for Solaris 9 which should be of help.

To immediately fix your problem you have two choices:

  1  Reinstall the OpenPKG GCC package
  2a Find a standards compliant C compiler on your system and;
  2b Use the %l_cc macro on the command line (see URL above)

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Schloh von Bennewitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Development Team, Operations Northern Europe