On Tue, Aug 10, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:

> Again, I was using distros configuration files without knowing exactly whats
> going on ;-(
>
> Now I'm trying to get apache to run, and got to some problems.
>
> The testpage refers to DocumentRoot that links to:
>  /manual/mod/core.html#documentroot
> Under the /manual/mod/ I found the Language versions of core.html, but my
> browser gots a Not Found for core.html
>
> So I checked for Language negotiation and found in apache.base:
>
> <IfModule mod_mime.c>
>     TypesConfig   /opkg/etc/apache/mime.types
>     AddType       application/x-tar  .tgz
>     AddEncoding   x-compress   Z
>     AddEncoding   x-gzip       gz tgz
>     AddLanguage   da           .dk
>     AddLanguage   nl           .nl
>     :
>     :
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
>     LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja kr no pl pt pt-br ru ltz ca es
> sv tw
> </IfModule>
>
> Where am I thinking wrong ? Or what am I missing ?
> Why doesn't apache returned some of the core.html.LANGUAGE file to me ?

I do not understand exactly: are you using the "apache.base" from
OpenPKG or a different config derived from an other vendor? The problem
usually is that there is no active "Options +MultiViews". OpenPKG's
"apache.base" contains such an option for the DocumentRoot, but if you
changed DocumentRoot to a different value, you have to enable MultiViews
again yourself for this with a <Directory> section.

> My missunderstanding
> In OpenPKG every thing is static and for apache I used --with_<module> to
> staticaly compile a module in (So I thought), but I couldn't find any compiling
> option for mod_mime or mod_negotiation eaven they should be there as I found
> reference to them in opk version of apache.base.

mod_mime and mod_negoations are always enabled in our Apache.
There is no option for this because they are part of the standard set
of enabled options usually everone wants always.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com