Since this platform does not have /dev/random I needed to install prngd first before OpenSSH. After trying to install openssh I was getting "Connection refused" related to the prngd socket. For whatever reason openssh was only looking for the prngd pool at /dev/egd-pool. I could not find a way to change this in the openssh source files. To fix this I had to do the following:

1) Edit rc.prngd here:
    %common
        prngd_pidfile="/openpkg/var/prngd/prngd.pid"
        #prngd_socket="/openpkg/var/prngd/prngd.socket"
        prngd_socket="/dev/egd-pool"

2) Renamed rc.prngd to rc.101prngd (needs to start ahead of openssh - is there a better way?)

3) Removed IBM rpm of prngd and old /dev/egd-pool

4) Start prngd then install openssh.