Bill Campbell wrote:
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006, Doug Summers wrote:

Could someone post a quick example of how to rotate logs based on size and/or age with FSL? I'm most interested in rotating after 60 days and keeping all compressed archives.

You can find many examples in the %{l_prefix}/etc/rc.d/rc.* run
control files in the %daily sections.  I think that most of these
base their rotation on file size.

To insure daily rotation of files we generally set the size
parameters in the %{l_prefix}/etc/rc.conf file to values that are
sure to be exceeded.

Bill

Bill - every example I could find deals with size, not age. Is rotation by age possible? Our security requirements state we need to keep certain logs for 60 days and the size of certain logs get much bigger than others (postfix compared to sudo, for example).

Here's where I'm confused: rc.sudo has the setting sudo_log_minsize="1M" - is there a corresponding maxsize parameter? If size rotation is available does the variable need to be defined in rc.conf and the rc.program files?

Doug