So, Mark over here figured out that it is another "-lrt" thing in
solaris.  Is this something that is fixed in newer OpenPKG versions?  We
are probably going to be upgrading in the near future, but I was just
curious if it has been addressed.

See Mark's comments here:

If you look at the config.log in
the /usr/local/RPM/USER/TMP/openssh-3.9p1.
Here is why it failed:

configure:9555: /usr/local/bin/gcc -o conftest -O2 -pipe
-I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include -DWITH_LDAP_PUBKEY -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib  -L/lib -lldap
-llber
-lcrypto -lssl conftest.c -lwrap -lz -lfsl -lsocket -lnsl >&5
/usr/local/lib/libwrap.so(misc.o)(.text+0x1b4): In function
`tcpd_safe_sleep':
: undefined reference to `nanosleep'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:9561: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

The " undefined reference to `nanosleep'" is the problem. If you do a
"man
nanosleep" on Solaris it shows that you need to use "-lrt" to link an
executable with nanosleep.

I think this is the same problem that berkely db has.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX System Administrator
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." ~unknown