> On another note: I noticed both yum and urpmi are in -current but
> neither would build out of the box for me on Debian 3.1 or Solaris
> 10. Is anyone using these? Is there any interest in getting them to
> work within the OpenPKG framework?

I've spent some time recently making both yum and urpmi buildable and
this work should be in current as of the last couple of weeks. The
problem with both of these is that they rely on genhdlist from the
anaconda installer which in turn depends on the python rpm module from
the rpm package (which OpenPKG doesn't build).

The most self contained solution is APT-Rpm (apt in OpenPKG) - I fixed
it as far as getting it to build under RedHat, but apparently it didn't
do that well on other platforms. This works, at least with very simple
test cases, although I'm not sure how it behaves with package options
(these are actually listed as individual packages in the apt cache).o

using openpkg build with -B option works as well, even if it's painfully
slow.

/skaar

|\|\             where in the       |          s_u_b_s_t_r_u_c_t_i_o_n