Hi,

the OpenPKG registration process is still a big annoyance and hindering
adoption/usage of OpenPKG a lot.

E.g. the stupid registration feature requires email validation within a short
period of time (some minutes). This breaks much too often! Think about people
doing something else in the meantime and especially consider the very commin
smtp greylisting.

An additional idiocy is that after the registration timed out the system
dissallows to start over :-((

https://registry.openpkg.org/ase

"Email address already in use since 2006-06-28 20:39:26"

This is now the third time that I tried to register and the system is still
not working reasonably.

In case the fascist(*) registry process does not get relaxed very soon I will
stop recommending OpenPKG as a solution and will move away my systems and OSS
projects from using OpenPKG.

Annoyed,
-- martin
(*) I consider very tight timing requirements and removing of already working
features (like unrestricted download of old versions and breaking exisiting
installations and setups as an unfriendly action.

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/