On Thu, Sep 14, 2006, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Adam D. Morley wrote:
>
> >>It certainly _is_ doable. Either by doing the RPM 4.4 upgrade
> >>(which we
> >>need sometime in the future anyway and which I would recommend to
> >>do) or
> >>by hacking in support for FTP-via-HTTP proxying into RPM 4.2
> >>(which I do
> >>not really recommend, but which could be an acceptable hack).
> >>

> I'll look at hacking FTP-via-HTTP into rpm-4.4.7 this weekend. It will
> probably take me a weekend or two to get implemented however.
>
> Lord knows the TIS proxy support in rpm is ancient, from 1997 irrc.

Hey, _THAT_ would be really phantastic as this is a really long standing
problem many people were faced with. This way once we upgrade to RPM
4.4.7 our OpenPKG community can leverage from this new feature, too.
Many thanks for all your great efforts on RPM, Jeff.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com