On Mon, Sep 18, 2006, Doug Summers wrote:

> AIX 5.2 w/ML9. I've tried to build OpenPKG-stable with gcc 4.0.0 (IBM
> rpm) and 4.0.1 (UCLA binary) and both crash during the building of perl:
>
> Which of these apply, if any? [aix]
> Operating system name? [aix]
> Operating system version? [5.2.0.0]
> Build Perl for SOCKS? [n]
> Use the PerlIO abstraction layer? [y]
> Build a threading Perl? [n]
> Build Perl for multiplicity? [n]
> Use which C compiler? [/usr/bin/gcc]
> Checking for GNU cc in disguise and/or its version number...
>
> At this point the system coredumps and reboots.

Well, sorry, that's too less information for anybody to be able to have
any clue what the root of the problem is and how to solve or workaround
it. You have to dig a little bit deeper yourself here, Doug. The OpenPKG
Foundation has no AIX box available on which we could reproduce the
problem ourself...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com