Here is the specific problem, I'm having because the build file isn't
seemingly being utilized.  Basically, perl-dbi is failing to build and
giving this error:

openpkg:build:FATAL: errors occured while building:
perl-dbi-5.8.8-2.20061018: perl-dbi searches a frood called 'sqlite'

I'm using this command to generate the rebuild script after which it is
executed giving the aforementioned error:

openpkg build -r /usr/local/RPM/OPKG/TMP/2-STABLE-20061018/SRC
-f /usr/local/RPM/OPKG/TMP/2-STABLE-20061018/SRC/updates_index.rdf -A -U

The build file that resides at /usr/local/.openpkg/build (the generic
opkg user account) contains the following lines which pertain to
perl-dbi options:

-Dperl-dbi::with_dbd_mysql = yes
-Dperl-dbi::with_dbd_pgsql = yes
-Dperl-dbi::with_dbd_sqlite = no

Note here that I am disabling sqlite because we do not want it installed
on our systems, so we don't build it.  Thus, if perl-dbi were to build
with default options, it would require sqlite which is what it is doing
and why it looks like the build file is not being recognized/used.
Also, perl-dbi is not the only package that is not building with the
options we specified within the build file.  This is actually a fairly
serious issue for us because we change a lot of the default options in
packages when we do our rebuild.

Also, just to rule it out, I linked ~root/.openpkg
to /usr/local/.openpkg and I even copied the same build file into my own
~/.openpkg and tried letting it build with each of these changes with no
difference in outcome.  :-(  Anybody have any ideas why suddenly the
build options in the build file would just stop being recognized?

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu