Christoph Schug wrote:

>Birger Krägelin wrote:
>> I just did an update of my apache installation. Now apache-suphp gives an
>> error.
>>
>> old version was "apache-suphp-0.6.2-20080101.sparc64-solaris10"
>> current version is " apache-suphp-0.7.0-20081225.sparc64-solaris10"
>>
>> I didn't change my configuration, and I didn't change my "build" script.
>[...]
>According to release notes of suPHP 0.7.0 [1]:
[...]
>As you claimed that you haven't changed config, this might be something
>to check first.

I double checked this again, there is no change which affects my config.

The error says, suphp cannot find the user in /etc/passwd.
But I disabled the check with the compile/install option
-Dapache-suphp::with_suphp_ugid_check=no

This works ok in 0.6.2, but 0.7.0 seems to ignore this option.
Just asked, if someone stepped over the same issue.

To really update I might debug all the suphp compile/install and packaging.
I still want to avoid this. (I reverted back to 0.6.2 for now, so my
hundreds of users again have their applications.)

Thanks for your help.
Birger