I noticed recently when doing "openpkg -Ua|sh" packages are updating, but
the dependencies are not rebuilding, leaving many packages broken.  I
noticed this most recently with the openssl-1.0.0 release, nothing on my
system which depends on openssl rebuilt, openssl simply updated. Running the
uninstall command for openssl gives me a list of packages needing openssl, I
expect many of which should have been rebuilt with the update (subversion
and poco should have been at a minimum).

openpkg rpm -e openssl
error: Failed dependencies:
openssl is needed by (installed) poco-1.3.2-20081023
 openssl is needed by (installed) wget-1.12-20091019
openssl is needed by (installed) subversion-1.6.9-20100129
 openssl >= 0.9.7 is needed by (installed) curl-7.20.0-20100322
openssl is needed by (installed) git-1.7.0.3-20100322

I am mirroring the openpkg directories and adding my own stuff, then using
openpkg index to build new INDEX files, which I have done for quite some
time.  I can't say if this has always been a problem with openpkg 4 or just
the most recent 4.0.3 update as I have not been running openpkg 4 for very
long.  As an example, when jpeg changed to v8 from v6, nothing depending on
jpeg rebuilt, causing massive failure when linking libraries built against
the old v6 stuff which were not rebuilt during the v8 update.

If anyone has an idea of what would cause openpkg to ignore rebuilds caused
by dependencies during an update, I would love to try and work this out.

Thanks.