On Thu, Apr 01, 2010, Doug Henry wrote:

> I noticed recently when doing "openpkg -Ua|sh" packages are updating, but the
> dependencies are not rebuilding, leaving many packages broken.  I noticed this
> most recently with the openssl-1.0.0 release, nothing on my system which
> depends on openssl rebuilt, openssl simply updated. Running the uninstall
> command for openssl gives me a list of packages needing openssl, I expect many
> of which should have been rebuilt with the update (subversion and poco should
> have been at a minimum).
>
> openpkg rpm -e openssl
> error: Failed dependencies:
> openssl is needed by (installed) poco-1.3.2-20081023
> openssl is needed by (installed) wget-1.12-20091019
> openssl is needed by (installed) subversion-1.6.9-20100129
> openssl >= 0.9.7 is needed by (installed) curl-7.20.0-20100322
> openssl is needed by (installed) git-1.7.0.3-20100322

Are you really sure you are using -Ua and not -Uaq? Because your
behaviour is what the "q" option enforces. Without "q" the depending
packages should be rebuild just fine.

> I am mirroring the openpkg directories and adding my own stuff, then using
> openpkg index to build new INDEX files, which I have done for quite some time.
>  I can't say if this has always been a problem with openpkg 4 or just the most
> recent 4.0.3 update as I have not been running openpkg 4 for very long.  As an
> example, when jpeg changed to v8 from v6, nothing depending on jpeg rebuilt,
> causing massive failure when linking libraries built against the old v6 stuff
> which were not rebuilt during the v8 update.
>
> If anyone has an idea of what would cause openpkg to ignore rebuilds caused by
> dependencies during an update, I would love to try and work this out.

I currently have no clue what happens here. Usually with -Ua everything
rebuilds just fine and the behavior you see results only under "-Uaq".
Hmmm... are there perhaps some -E (exclude) options present? Or this
there an .openpkg/build script under ~%{l_musr} which contains "-q" or
something like this?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com