Hello all,

The following may sound like a rather strange question.  First a bit of
background.  The company that I work for recently acquired some APC 7931 power
distribution units.  These PDUs are quite nice for what they do, and they are
quite nicely managable.  However, in order to put keys and certs onto these
(for things like HTTPS and SSH), you have to use this wizard under Windows
that generates a file in PKCS #15 format right in the file system.  (Yes, you
read that correctly.)  In the case of SSH host keys, you just export these
files onto the PDU.  In the case of certificates, what you get is a private
key in a .p15 file (That is, a file in PKCS #15 format.), and a certificate
request in X.509 format.  After you get the signed request back in X.509
format, the wizard generates yet another .p15 file that contains both the
cert and the private key.  You can then export this onto the PDU.  This all
works fine, but sometimes I would like to be able to do this under linux using
openssl or something similar.  Unfortunately, openssl doesn't handle .p15
files.  opensc/openct expect the PKCS #15 data to come from a physical
smart card, not a file in the file system.  Does anyone on this list know of
a way to convert between X.509/PKCS #12 data and PKCS #15 data without using
a smart card?

Thank you very much in advance.

John Guthrie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]