On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 01:35:28PM +0100, Peter Koch wrote:
> I'm afraid the secret key is not stored in the library as it
> must be different for each eToken. My guess is that the library
> will generate the key from the PIN.

The GPKs also require external authenticate, and th secret key is derived
from a pass phrase in some complicatd fashion.  Stuff like that needs
to be documented in the card manual somewhere, or you have no chance of
implementing it.

> Indeed OpenSC does not support EXT AUTH but here my idea was to
> add a special PIN_TYPE and implement the challenge response
> mechanism in the pin_cmd routine of the card-driver like this:

Close:-) This type already exists, it's called SC_AC_PRO -
see gpk_pin_cmd in card-gpk.c

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch   |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax