On Tuesday 24 April 2007, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
> OK, maybe share/store the RPM's (including source RPM) of Fedora also in
> the linux folder? There shouldn't be huge differences or at least allow
> the rebuilding of the source RPMs for other distros.

Go ahead if you think it would be useful.  I'm also open to modifications in
the package to make it more cross distro friendly as long as the changes
aren't too intrusive/obfuscating.

0.11.2-rc2 has just been built for Fedora 7 devel, and will be available on
mirrors probably tomorrowish, see eg.
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/ for the
packages and http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/opensc/?root=extras
for package sources.

Regarding the Fedora packages, I'm nowadays only a *very* casual user of
OpenSC (ditto OpenCT), and it'd be beneficial if someone who uses them more
actively would help maintain the packages or take over completely.  They will
be included in Fedora 7 no matter if someone shows up or not, but beyond that
I cannot make any promises yet.  If someone is interested in helping out with
them, ping me.

Oh, while at it, for Fedora 7 I need to do
a "sed -i -e 's|-ltermcap|-lncurses|' configure" before running ./configure -
libtermcap doesn't exist any more.  Perhaps other distros have/will have this
issue too and OpenSC's configure.* could take this "cleanly" into account out
of the box sometime?